Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NGauge display

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 02:47 PM

Received 260 Likes on 191 Posts

Default NGauge display

I heard someone complain about the display on their Ngauge being difficult to read. If you have one, can you give your impressions and whether or not you like it or wish you had done something differently. I'm thinking this will be my next mod. I like the idea of the warning lights than can be programmed for AFR or whatever. Watching the AFR on the X4 is pretty much impossible when the hammer is down....not something I really want to do. A few pics of the display would be beneficial if anyone has some.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:20 PM

Received 366 Likes on 250 Posts

The display and touch interface are absolutely ****ing terrible. The little lights on top are not all that bright either if its in a position where it'll hit direct daylight. I'd show you pictures but I got rid of it.
I now have an SCT GTX and the display quality is like an iphone, beautiful. You can also monitor up to 16 sensors at once with set audible and visual warnings for each.

The only thing the nGuage does well is datalog. It truly is a better data logging device compared to the SCT, with the primary difference being it can store more then one log at a time. With the SCT, you need to download the logs as you create them, as each new log overwrites the last.

Last edited by BadCon; 01-08-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:58 PM

Received 612 Likes on 439 Posts

The only things it does better is datalog and work with HP Tuners.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:51 PM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by BadCon
The display and touch interface are absolutely ****ing terrible. The little lights on top are not all that bright either if its in a position where it'll hit direct daylight. I'd show you pictures but I got rid of it.
I now have an SCT GTX and the display quality is like an iphone, beautiful. You can also monitor up to 16 sensors at once with set audible and visual warnings for each.

The only thing the nGuage does well is datalog. It truly is a better data logging device compared to the SCT, with the primary difference being it can store more then one log at a time. With the SCT, you need to download the logs as you create them, as each new log overwrites the last.
I didn't think it supported the newer f150's. At least it doesn't support my 2018. What tuning companies support it?
Old 01-08-2019, 02:52 PM

Hmmm....not sure what to do then. I guess I'll just hold on the the x4 for a while.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by rojizostang
Hmmm....not sure what to do then. I guess I'll just hold on the the x4 for a while.
Get a GTX...you already use SCT and it does exactly what you want it to do. I love mine, and use it mainly to display boost in 1 window and IAT, knock, and ECT in 3 smaller windows on the same page. It has history bars for each window showing high's and lows, and I have visual indicators for danger conditions with regards to knock and IAT, where it flashes red on whatever window is out of specification and makes a buzzing noise. The touch screen works perfectly and the resolution is super high making everything cell phone screen clear and bright. It turns on and off with the car and adjusts for daytime/nighttime brightness automatically. I've affixed mine to my dash, but it comes with a window suction cup mount.

The only negative is things you'd already be accustomed to using an X4, such as having to DL each datalog before recording a new one, and all the little SCT quirks.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by dhmcfadin
I didn't think it supported the newer f150's. At least it doesn't support my 2018. What tuning companies support it?
The OP is not a new F150, and the GTX will support his vehicle. I can't speak for the 2018's, I have a 2016.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:10 PM

According to SCT's website, the GTX tuner won't work on a 2013
Old 01-08-2019, 05:48 PM

Well damn, my apologies for giving you bad information.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:27 PM

I would like to find someone with the Ngauge just to look at it still, and perhaps play around with it.

Quick Reply: NGauge display