New belt for smaller pulley - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.

New belt for smaller pulley

Old 04-12-2018, 11:26 PM

Default New belt for smaller pulley

I received the 3.5Ē pulley for my 2018 Whipple today. I am thinking that I should be ok with the stock length Whipple belt with the 1/2Ē smaller pulley but would like confirmation. Itís the HD belt that Unbroken recommended.

Whipple says I need a custom tune to run the 3.5Ē pulley so I have to wait about a month until ID Motorsports starts custom tuning the 2018 before I can install it.

Between the Whipple, long tube headers, and high flow cats this thing will blow your doors off. Canít wait to get the extra boost from the smaller pulley and ID Motorsports custom tune.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:57 AM
Ezekiel 25:17

Thanked 1,003 Times in 647 Posts

The Gates HD belt I posted is what I run with the 3.5” pulley myself.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Brand View Post
I received the 3.5” pulley for my 2018 Whipple today. I am thinking that I should be ok with the stock length Whipple belt with the 1/2” smaller pulley but would like confirmation. It’s the HD belt that Unbroken recommended.

Whipple says I need a custom tune to run the 3.5” pulley so I have to wait about a month until ID Motorsports starts custom tuning the 2018 before I can install it.

Between the Whipple, long tube headers, and high flow cats this thing will blow your doors off. Can’t wait to get the extra boost from the smaller pulley and ID Motorsports custom tune.
I am very interested in how this will work out, Dustin told me that the 3.750 was the limit for 93 octane with a stock truck due to the higher compression in the 2018 F150 5.0 (12:1 Compression ratio)

He said that you can go to a 3.625 pulley if you are running 93 + Boostane, or 109 race gas, or 93 octane and long tubes headers with no cats.

would be very cool if Id motor sports can get the 3.500 to work.

Last edited by TX-Ripper; 04-16-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:56 AM
Ezekiel 25:17

Thanked 1,003 Times in 647 Posts

You’ll have plenty of room in the adjustable idler for that belt and the smaller pulley. I was curious about that much boost on the higher compression 18’s myself...everyone says that’s ok?
The Following User Says Thank You to UNBROKEN For This Useful Post:
TX-Ripper (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by UNBROKEN View Post
Youíll have plenty of room in the adjustable idler for that belt and the smaller pulley. I was curious about that much boost on the higher compression 18ís myself...everyone says thatís ok?
I was also concerned about the 12.5 compression on the 2018 so I called ID and they said to ask Whipple. I called Whipple and they said it would be OK but required a custom tune. I may call Whipple back and ask again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New belt for smaller pulley

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: