Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MPT service

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 08:39 PM

Received 211 Likes on 174 Posts
Default MPT service

Just wanted to express how happy with them I've been. I've been working with Mike on dialing in my newest nitrous tune (125 shot on e85) and he has been very informative and quick to respond and review the logs. He has been very meticulous with his work. The tune hits hard, I can't wait to get some new time slips in the next few weeks. This unprompted praise is really just because I see so many people complain about products and services so often. I need to start praising companies for there good work.
The following users liked this post:
isthatahemi (10-17-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 09:18 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

MPT has been my goto tune for years. Highly recommend them to everyone that asks.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:45 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

A+ from my end
Old 10-17-2018, 11:38 AM

Received 428 Likes on 336 Posts

I was happy with the prx on my 2016 stock ecoboost (as of 2018 I know there are much better tunes available for this year model) when I upgraded turbos to the borg Warner GTs I was told that mike was “the” go to guy for remote tuning a ecoboost with bigger turbos.

9 months and countless revisions later I had a truck that made as much power as a tuned truck with stock turbos (pathetic for the money spend), slower then a stock tuned ecoboost and full throttle boost spikes when accelerating at a slow rate randomly.

I think there are much better tuners that actually know what they are doing.

My wife calls them More Problems Tuning.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by TX-Ripper
I was happy with the prx on my 2016 stock ecoboost (as of 2018 I know there are much better tunes available for this year model) when I upgraded turbos to the borg Warner GTs I was told that mike was “the” go to guy for remote tuning a ecoboost with bigger turbos.

9 months and countless revisions later I had a truck that made as much power as a tuned truck with stock turbos (pathetic for the money spend), slower then a stock tuned ecoboost and full throttle boost spikes when accelerating at a slow rate randomly.

I think there are much better tuners that actually know what they are doing.

My wife calls them More Problems Tuning.

That sucks to hear. I too had a less than great experience with a competing tuner. Not quite what yours was but after I added the boss intake manifold to my setup it didn't seem as they could get it right, then I continued to mod and they didn't have it right. MPT had it straight right away for me.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by blue5.0
That sucks to hear. I too had a less than great experience with a competing tuner. Not quite what yours was but after I added the boss intake manifold to my setup it didn't seem as they could get it right, then I continued to mod and they didn't have it right. MPT had it straight right away for me.
outsider looking in, that makes me think they had your set up in hand at some point in time - and really flushed out the tune.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:24 PM

outsider looking in, that makes me think they had your set up in hand at some point in time - and really flushed out the tune.

Definitely could be the case but even as I added long tubes, gears even nitrous etc, it's still running great.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:32 PM

Definitely could be the case but even as I added long tubes, gears even nitrous etc, it's still running great.
the funny gas is the only thing that really effects the tune and he likely fattend up your afr and reduced timing based on your shot size.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:46 PM

the funny gas is the only thing that really effects the tune and he likely fattend up your afr and reduced timing based on your shot size.
Not sure I could log both and have people more knowledgeable than myself look but the 125 shot is on e85 my other tunes were 93 octane. I would assume that's a complete different tune? Isn't stoich different for e85?
Old 10-17-2018, 06:05 PM

Not sure I could log both and have people more knowledgeable than myself look but the 125 shot is on e85 my other tunes were 93 octane. I would assume that's a complete different tune? Isn't stoich different for e85?
its is (sort of), the trucks have the flex fuel logic built in from the factory.

e85 gives you enough octane for mbt timing (I think 105 octane)

Quick Reply: MPT service