Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MPT PR-X vs 5Star High Performance (Livewire TS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 09:37 PM
___

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MPT PR-X vs 5Star High Performance (Livewire TS)

So there's been countless threads pertaining to MPT vs 5Star tunes, but I figured I'd post this with a more specific question than that. How does the MPT PR-X tune versus the 5Star High Performance tune specifically stack up? I only have have access to 91 octane (high elevation) in my area. The entire reason I'm even considering these two is to compensate for 315/70R/17 tires (KO2 6 Ply / Load Range C). I've got a 2015 F-150 (6 speed transmission, 3.55 gears, 3.5 EcoBoost) and recently had the transmission flashed and flushed by the dealership so it shifts smoother. That's important to me. I know the technical answer is that I shouldn't tune... I should regear to 4.10's/4.56's. I considered a tune after seeing the quote for the regear labor and parts. I'm interested in again gaining power to compensate for the large tires, but I'm also interested in having smooth transmission shifts -- or at least the smoothest possible when using a performance tune. I'll be purchasing the Livewire TS so I can re calibrate my speedometer and tire sizes. If it comes down to it, I can purchase the Livewire package from Stage 3 Motorsports w/ 5Star and then purchase MPT's tune separately, but I was interested to know what everyone thinks. From what I've gathered, it seems people are reporting more performance out of the MPT tune but with harsher transmission shifts than the tune from 5Star. I'm all for a tune that gives more performance and throttle response, but I really hated how my transmission was acting when it shifted poorly prior to the flash. Thank you!

Last edited by ___; 04-14-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:59 AM

Received 843 Likes on 495 Posts

I've ran them both along with a few other company's tunes and hands down 5 Star is by far my favorite.
Also they have changed a lot in the past few years, they are just as powerful/fast as any other companies.
Amazing shifting, power and all around drivability not to mention customer service.

Quick Reply: MPT PR-X vs 5Star High Performance (Livewire TS)