Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans (https://www.f150forum.com/)
-   Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing (https://www.f150forum.com/f123/)
-   -   Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk - Who's up for it!? (https://www.f150forum.com/f123/jeep-grand-cherokee-trackhawk-whos-up-405656/)

isthatahemi 01-19-2018 12:08 AM

Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk - Who's up for it!?
 
Well, some of us think we have quick trucks, and although the trackhawk isn't a truck, it would seem the SUV bar has been raised. My goal for this summer was 11.8, but I now have to (really?) shoot for 11.6...... can't have any neophytes talking smack about that soccer mom-mobile being the fastest thing around. I hear folks talking about Hellcats and whatnot, but those just don't hook on the street (or at the track much of the time), and don't really present a challenge away from a light. Apparently the Trackhawk is a porker as well.... but damn, is it fast!!:thumbsup:

Anyone else got mid 11's in their sites?

Anyone else give a damn about FCA and their crazy powerful machines?

WXman 01-19-2018 07:58 AM

Somebody on a Ford social media post about the new GT500 commented that "Ford and GM haven't thought about Dodge for years." I guess that's why the Challenger which is 10 years old still outsells the Camaro? And it's why 4 years later, Ford is catching up with Dodge by surpassing 700 HP finally?

Truth is, Chrysler (and the brands and ownership associated with them) was always the innovator. The leader. The first to do things. From AM/FM radio in a car, to the "big rig" look for production pickup trucks, to mass producing American V10 engines, to a factory car that runs 9s. They lead Ford and GM along.

Who makes a factory 4x4 with removable top and doors? Only FCA. Who makes a car that runs 9s with a factory warranty for under 100k? Only FCA. Who makes a family grocery getter with your choices of a 392 Hemi or a blown 6.2 Hemi? Only FCA. Who makes the full size truck with the most DYNO PROVEN torque available in the world? Only FCA.

So to answer your question.. yes, everybody gives a damn about FCA whether they like it or not because FCA sets the bar.

UNBROKEN 01-19-2018 08:49 AM

I think they’re awesome. I came real close to buying an SRT Jeep back in 2014...talked myself out of it for some reason.
I have no intention of chasing numbers like that. I’m only putting a blower on mine to make it fun to drive...not to chase the fastest guy on the street.

w00t692 01-19-2018 09:11 AM


Originally Posted by WXman (Post 5626426)
...Who makes the full size truck with the most DYNO PROVEN torque available in the world? Only FCA....

Where is this coming from? Which vehicle are we talking about here? And vs which engine?

yonson 01-19-2018 09:53 AM

I'm shooting for mid 10's...

chimmike 01-19-2018 11:14 AM


Originally Posted by WXman (Post 5626426)
Somebody on a Ford social media post about the new GT500 commented that "Ford and GM haven't thought about Dodge for years." I guess that's why the Challenger which is 10 years old still outsells the Camaro? And it's why 4 years later, Ford is catching up with Dodge by surpassing 700 HP finally?

Truth is, Chrysler (and the brands and ownership associated with them) was always the innovator. The leader. The first to do things. From AM/FM radio in a car, to the "big rig" look for production pickup trucks, to mass producing American V10 engines, to a factory car that runs 9s. They lead Ford and GM along.

Who makes a factory 4x4 with removable top and doors? Only FCA. Who makes a car that runs 9s with a factory warranty for under 100k? Only FCA. Who makes a family grocery getter with your choices of a 392 Hemi or a blown 6.2 Hemi? Only FCA. Who makes the full size truck with the most DYNO PROVEN torque available in the world? Only FCA.

So to answer your question.. yes, everybody gives a damn about FCA whether they like it or not because FCA sets the bar.


Innovator? :jester:
Maybe they spent all their money on engines while holding onto a platform dating back to the early 2000's and the Daimler benz era. That's not somethin to be proud of. Oh, and the fact that the cars are heavy pigs, LOL. I don't know if supercharging is innovating. If it is...well...OK? I think innovating is building a blown V8 compact enough to fit in the engine bay of a corvette. Or developing a series of engines that are swapped into everything from Miatas to BMWs. Or creating a modular V8 that can make over 700hp with a relatively tame blower on totally stock internals. On a pickup truck. What is Dodge's most innovative product right now? Do they even have a hybrid vehicle on the market? Or an electric vehicle?

Let's remember the Ford Lightning, which Dodge 'innovated' by competing with via throwing the Viper V10 into the Ram. Which one is still more prized/sought after to this day? The Ford.

FCA didn't invent the wrangler either, and if they did, we'd all be screwed. Let's not forget the debacle in the 90s when they 'innovated' the wrangler to rectangular headlights. Brilliant! Frankly, that's probably kept them afloat versus a bunch of the abominations they've made over the years.

I've seen your opinions elsewhere here and clearly you're either insane or just silly.

Let's talk about mass producing V10 engines. The first Viper was an adapted truck engine. It was heavy, fuel hungry, and not really all that powerful. Kinda like the truck V10. Ever see a Dodge V10 in camper platforms? I never did. Triton V10s or Chevy big blocks. Hm.

w00t692 01-19-2018 11:47 AM

The OG gen1 viper v10 was only 400 hp and 450 tq from 8 liters of displacment heh.

chimmike 01-19-2018 11:53 AM


Originally Posted by w00t692 (Post 5626776)
The OG gen1 viper v10 was only 415 hp and 488 tq from 8 liters of displacment heh.

I seem to recall in 1990 Chevy released a 375hp Corvette ZR1 with a puny little V8 in it.

w00t692 01-19-2018 02:32 PM


Originally Posted by chimmike (Post 5626784)
I seem to recall in 1990 Chevy released a 375hp Corvette ZR1 with a puny little V8 in it.

Yeah that was the DOHC LT5

TX-Ripper 01-19-2018 02:38 PM


Originally Posted by yonson (Post 5626582)
I'm shooting for mid 10's...

I am curious on the setup.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 2017 F150Forum.com