Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTX with custom tune speedo correction

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 10:15 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Unhappy GTX with custom tune speedo correction

Hoping to get some help here instead of waiting until Wednesday when SCT / BD support is back. So, I recently leveled my 2017 Platty 5.0 and installed 285/65-20 Ridge Grapplers (34.8 tall). I have always leveled my trucks with 35ish tall tires. I have always run an Edge CTS tuner. This time I wanted to go with a custom tune. I decided on the Omega tune from Oz because of what I have read on this site.

Here is my issue. After installing the GTX and prior to receiving my tune from Oz, I installed the canned 5.0 tune. It allowed me to change my tire size. I ran it for a day but my speedo was still off and I was unimpressed with the tune itself. I took it back to stock and removed tuner to take it to the dealer for the seat belt recall. I received my tune from Oz the same day I picked my truck up after the recall repairs. I downloaded the tune and installed it but it didn't give me the option to change my tire size. An email to Ken at Oz and he told me to check in the Special Functions section of the tuner. Nope nothing there, just KAM reset and Crank relearn. Another quick email to Ken and he thought it should be there and to contact SCT / BD.

Has anyone else had this issue?

ps. - Omega tune is AWESOME!!!
Old 12-31-2018, 10:20 AM

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

I've had this happen with MPT but they just sent me a new file with that option available.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:58 AM

Received 989 Likes on 485 Posts

I just loaded a tune from 5 Star via SCT BDX and after I loaded the tune I was able to go back to Special Functions and change tire and axle ratios. Have you updated tuner?
Old 01-01-2019, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by 2AF150GA
I just loaded a tune from 5 Star via SCT BDX and after I loaded the tune I was able to go back to Special Functions and change tire and axle ratios. Have you updated tuner?
Yes. I have updated it a few times. All I get in the Special Functions is KAM reset and Crank relearn.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by 87TxAg
Yes. I have updated it a few times. All I get in the Special Functions is KAM reset and Crank relearn.
And that is after you put the custom tune on the truck correct?
Old 01-02-2019, 10:19 AM

And that is after you put the custom tune on the truck correct?
yes. Both before and after.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by 87TxAg

yes. Both before and after.
Well, my guess is that that tuner doesn't support speedo changes on your year and model truck. That is the only thing it could be if it's completely up to date. Give SCT a call today and see what the tuner is supposed to be able to do. I know that I didn't have the ability to change the speedo when I first plugged the tuner into my truck. It then became an option AFTER I loaded SCT's canned tune.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:11 PM

Received 2,130 Likes on 1,216 Posts

While I use a GTX with BCB tunes, I corrected the speedo with FORScan post 15 has links,. https://www.f150forum.com/f123/tuner...2/#post6033754
Old 01-04-2019, 07:07 PM

Angry

Well, my guess is that that tuner doesn't support speedo changes on your year and model truck. That is the only thing it could be if it's completely up to date. Give SCT a call today and see what the tuner is supposed to be able to do. I know that I didn't have the ability to change the speedo when I first plugged the tuner into my truck. It then became an option AFTER I loaded SCT's canned tune.
I called SCT today. Long story short, They said that they pulled the option for speedo changes because of issue it caused with the power steering. IDK, sounds fishy. They said they were working on the issue and I should subscribe to their newsletter to check for updates before downloading anything to my tuner. Pretty po'ed about the situation but I have $600 invested in this thing so I will give it some time.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:23 AM

Angry

Originally Posted by 2017bluetruck
While I use a GTX with BCB tunes, I corrected the speedo with FORScan post 15 has links,. https://www.f150forum.com/f123/tuner...2/#post6033754
Unfortunately, all my computers, at home, are Macs. So, FORScan isn't an option for me without dropping a few hundred more into the problem. The reason I went with the GTX is that I can do everything over wifi. I basically have a $600 conduit to get my Omega tune (which I really like) loaded to my truck. NOTHING MORE!!

Quick Reply: GTX with custom tune speedo correction