Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauges and transmission go dead

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges and transmission go dead

I've got a situation on my 2014 FX Offroad where, since I had it tuned, just out of the blue & whether driving or at a stop, the gauges will all go flat (like it's turned off) and the transmission won't work. It just sits there even though it's in gear. The only thing to wake it all back up is to turn the ignition off and then turn it back on to 'reboot' the system. Has anyone had this experience, and if so, what was the cause. Also, I noticed that when I turn the key off and then turn it back on, periodically the radio memory goes out and it resets to an AM station with fuzz. Thoughts?
Old 07-03-2019, 11:30 AM

Received 366 Likes on 250 Posts

Have you tried reloading the tune? While my issues are not identical, I've had versions of a tune that would force my truck into limp mode, where it barely has any throttle and locks into gear. Gauges usually work for me however.

Issue usually gets resolved by trying a different version of the same tune or reloading the tune. I have one known corrupt tune from a former tuner that always does it, but their later revisions did not.
The following users liked this post:
Blueto14 (07-12-2019)

Quick Reply: Gauges and transmission go dead