Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forced induction on a 04-08 5.4 4WD SCrew? Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 02:21 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Forced induction on a 04-08 5.4 4WD SCrew? Thoughts?

Was getting the itch, looking for thoughts from community, people with hands-on long-term knowledge of the specific Edelbrock E-force kit preferred, but will take any thoughts/advice I can get from people who have gone the FI route with their trucks.

Ability of truck overall to handle the added power (not looking to stomp on it from light to light, nor track it, just looking for a bit more get-up-and-go out of the sluggish SuperCrew monster I have. Already did a pulleys, intake, headers, and tune setup, now looking for more out of it).

Bottom end, tranny, driveline in general, can it all take the added kit Edelbrock offers? From what I've read "yes", but would like some hands-on knowledge from people that have added forced induction.

Thanks in advance for dealing with my n00b-ness in the FI field and any advice you can give.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:37 PM
Renaissance Honky

Received 154 Likes on 134 Posts

Max stock is going to handle will be about 450hp at the wheels. The good news is that's about the limit of the fuel system as well as the bottom end. Should be plenty of motivation. Definitely going to need some cat-back to make that happen, go with 2.5" dual and things should be happy. You already have headers, so +1 there.