Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Creating custom datalog file in LiveLink

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 11:56 AM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Creating custom datalog file in LiveLink

I'm trying to create a custom datalog file in LiveLink for my SCT Livewire. When I go to select the things I want I notice there are duplicates and they are labeled differently. I see files labeled as PID and OBD. Which one should I select?
Old 06-14-2019, 03:49 PM

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

PID
Old 06-15-2019, 01:32 PM

So when I select the PIDs I want to monitor, after I transfer the file to the device and try to load it I get an error "120d3, an error occurs while starting data log. If wrong data log file is selected press configuration and make correction, otherwise turn ignition off and press done."
Old 06-15-2019, 03:38 PM

Received 366 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by dont slow down
So when I select the PIDs I want to monitor, after I transfer the file to the device and try to load it I get an error "120d3, an error occurs while starting data log. If wrong data log file is selected press configuration and make correction, otherwise turn ignition off and press done."
Are you attempting this with the computer running live link connected to the car? It’ll need the proper strategy code to generate a list a suitable PIDs for that strategy, which means you’ll need to connect the sct device to the car, then to the computer, and pick and choose the PIDs that way.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:54 PM

Received 260 Likes on 191 Posts

After I did the firmware update on the x4, I was no longer able to datalog with the device by itself. It would get an error message. I can only log log now using the X4 as a pass thru to the laptop.

Anyway when using the x4 by itself there is only a tiny amount of memory and the file has to be saved to the laptop anyway. One might as well use the laptop all the time when logging, even though it's clunky.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by BadCon
Are you attempting this with the computer running live link connected to the car? It’ll need the proper strategy code to generate a list a suitable PIDs for that strategy, which means you’ll need to connect the sct device to the car, then to the computer, and pick and choose the PIDs that way.
I was not using the laptop while connected to the truck, however I tried it that way with the truck running and I was able to select my pids and create the configuration file. When I got to the screen with the gauges it said one of my pids couldn’t be started, I was my trans oil temp pid, but everything else worked. I also found an option in live link to send the config file straight to the tuner instead of the updater program the sct says to use. This worked and I am able to see my pids now. I’ll try again with the trans oil temp. Now if only I could figure out how to see my fuel economy I’d have everything I wanted.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:33 PM

Received 2,130 Likes on 1,216 Posts

The OP question an a number of responses makes me wonder if I'm doing this right. Only experience with GTX tuner and tunes from BCB. I just log then it is sent to Derive via the cloud wifi connection when updating. If I update files right after a log session Derive tells me within a day in an e-mail that also contains the .dat file opening this with LiveLink program converts it to

showing 29 data items graphed

single item graphed

4 or any amount of selections graphed

graph field adjusted as desired.
So I pick items after logging and can arrange or change what and how I want it displayed. Info can be saved as .cvs files for sending to BCB to make tune adjustments. This sounds completely different from other comments made, could the be due to my use of a GTX over other versions? KM

Last edited by 2017bluetruck; 06-27-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:41 PM

Received 2,130 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Read thru the next topic "How To: SCT Livelink Datalog" and discovered how. Now things make sense as to choosing items ahead of logging. BCB worked with the 29 data record I sent in that were factory pre-set. KM

Last edited by 2017bluetruck; 06-27-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Creating custom datalog file in LiveLink