Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COBB Accessport - Custom 91oct tuning by GooseTuned

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default COBB Accessport - Custom 91oct tuning by GooseTuned

2018 Ford Raptor SuperCrew
Stock Truck
91 Octane

Stock the truck makes a modest 365whp and 440ft-lbs of torque. I installed the newly released COBB Tuning Accessport on their Off the shelf 91oct Stage 1 map. This map made 397whp and 514ft-lbs of torque. There were clearly gains to be had on 91oct.

I ended today on my own custom map at an astounding 434whp and 549ft-lbs of torque! That’s a gain of 69whp/109wtq over stock on **91 octane**!!! The truck is completely different. Throttle response is 10x better, and with COBB’s Dynamic Pedal Control the end user can further modify pedal feel to their liking!

I wasn’t able to add as much ethanol as I had wanted but got content up from E9 to E21. With that I made further adjustments and ended at 444whp 549wtq.

Needless to say, I’m impressed! A bone stock truck plus a tune. I expect another 20-30whp and better power up top with higher ethanol content. For now I’ll spend more time on the dyno and see how much more power I can squeeze out also continue to refine these calibration files.

I’d like to give a special thanks to Lance at Hammer Performance in El Paso. He let me spend the majority of the day on his dyno for my testing. He also has a ton of cool Raptor projects going! Special thanks to Joe for the help during the process!

Thanks for reading.

GooseTuned
COBB Tuning
Hammer Performance

Old 01-18-2019, 09:11 AM

Received 155 Likes on 93 Posts

Interesting that Cobb is supporting this platform. How much access is there to the transmission tables?
The following users liked this post:
chimmike (01-18-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 09:56 AM

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Spooled
Interesting that Cobb is supporting this platform. How much access is there to the transmission tables?
Its an eco-boost, Cobb Tuning does a lot of FI tuners.
https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/...-accessport-v3
Old 01-18-2019, 12:35 PM

Received 155 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by ozracin
Its an eco-boost, Cobb Tuning does a lot of FI tuners.
https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/...-accessport-v3
I'm well aware of Cobb. I used to have a modded Focus ST and a WRX before that. Had AP's on both of them. They don't support the 2.7 or the 3.5 non Raptor Ecoboost. Just curious as the Accessport capability it has on the Raptor 3.5.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:20 PM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

Swap a new FMIC in there and be surprised again.
The following users liked this post:
wgr73 (01-19-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 02:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Someone enlighten me why they can tune a raptor and not a regular 3.5?
Old 01-18-2019, 03:34 PM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinU
Someone enlighten me why they can tune a raptor and not a regular 3.5?
some slight differences in the motor. They could if they wanted to (cobb), but there are other great options for the 2nd gen 3.5 anyway.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:57 PM

Not yet, but it's coming!

Originally Posted by chimmike
Swap a new FMIC in there and be surprised again.
Just waiting for their Front Mount Intercooler and I'll have it back on the dyno! Thanks for the suggestion
Old 01-20-2019, 10:12 AM

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm well aware of Cobb. I used to have a modded Focus ST and a WRX before that. Had AP's on both of them. They don't support the 2.7 or the 3.5 non Raptor Ecoboost. Just curious as the Accessport capability it has on the Raptor 3.5.
Yea I know they did a lot with Mazdaspeeds too. I wonder why they don't have any tuning for all the ecoboosts period.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by ozracin
Yea I know they did a lot with Mazdaspeeds too. I wonder why they don't have any tuning for all the ecoboosts period.
There are A LOT of Ecoboost ECU's and only a few engineers at COBB. Not to mention the other cars they are currently supporting adding new features and misc updates. I'm sure they have considered it, and I'm sure if the need is that big then they'll give it a lot of attention.

Quick Reply: COBB Accessport - Custom 91oct tuning by GooseTuned