Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tuner for 2007 f150 Fx2 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best tuner for 2007 f150 Fx2 Sport

Hey guys, I had a Hypertech Max energy tuner in my 2007 Fx2 when I bought it 6 months ago.
I bought the truck with the tuner already installed. When I bought the truck, I called Hypertech and the guy told me to download a program off their Hypertech website to update the tuner, so I did. When I plugged the tuner into my laptop it completed 3 updates.
Then he said to plug it into the truck. To make a long story short, we took the updated tuner and plugged it into my truck & it fires off CODE 1000.
It says 'Program Disabled' then flashes 'Call Hypertech'.
So I did, and they tell me the tuner took the tune off my truck so nothing would be damaged, and they want $200 to send me a new tuner.
I have the receipt from the guy I bought the truck from, & he bought the tuner brand new; this is the only truck on the tuner.
Hypertech is not going to stand by their product because I bought it used. -___-

I did notice a change in performance once the tune was taken off my truck..
SO here I am & its almost Christmas time !!
I am undecided if I should send them $200 for a new one or put my money together to get something better!
I don't know too much about all these tuners & their specs so I'm asking you guys what you have or would recommend!
I am interested in the fuel economy settings and maybe just a little boost for overall performance.
I have been told the Bully Dog would be best for my truck, but again I don't know too much about the specs.
Thanks for your time & knowledge!
Kait
Attached Thumbnails Best tuner for 2007 f150 Fx2 Sport-img_0436.jpg  

Quick Reply: Best tuner for 2007 f150 Fx2 Sport