Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alamo City Motorplex 5/18 Fun-n-Grudge

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 01:37 PM

Received 260 Likes on 191 Posts

Default Alamo City Motorplex 5/18 Fun-n-Grudge

This is Saturday night, not the normal Friday night test and tune. They're having a midnight fun and grudge. I plan to go to finish off the last little bit of datalogging I need to do. I was going this evening for the Friday thing, however we're going to do some family stuff so I'm going tomorrow. Gates open at 8pm, racing until 2am. Plus it should be a little cooler.

https://www.facebook.com/events/456392601778191/

In the event anyone else goes, look me up
Old 05-17-2019, 02:51 PM

Received 801 Likes on 530 Posts

Sounds like fun but don't think I can make it out to play this weekend or next.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ecks
Sounds like fun but don't think I can make it out to play this weekend or next.

chicken

lol j/k
Old 05-17-2019, 04:45 PM

Received 366 Likes on 250 Posts

Sorry, I'm working this weekend and we are already at minimum staff so they wont let me off . Also my truck is actually slower then it was last time as we shaved a little RPM of the shifts to prevent another limiter strike...so I don't stand a chance against Ecks at the moment. That said, me and Matt are working on E85

Last edited by BadCon; 05-17-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:38 PM

Received 801 Likes on 530 Posts

Originally Posted by BadCon
Sorry, I'm working this weekend and we are already at minimum staff so they wont let me off . Also my truck is actually slower then it was last time as we shaved a little RPM of the shifts to prevent another limiter strike...so I don't stand a chance against Ecks at the moment. That said, me and Matt are working on E85
You're switching over to the dark side What power and ET are you shooting for?

@rojizostang post your slips if you go out tomorrow.
Maybe in a few weeks when all three of us are dialed in we can go for round 2.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:56 AM

Update...here's a copy of the email I sent Matt @ id-motorsports....just to save some typing. Also, the print on the time slips is too faint to take good pictures:

Just got home from the track. The truck ran pretty good, the shifts are a little short of where you want them. The 2-3 shift is kind of rough or clunky...on all the passes. I didn't try the short shift tune.

The two passes that I datalogged, the truck ran a 12.16 and then a 12.06. My 60' foot times aren't what they were the last time I ran under 12 seconds. Tonight I did two 1.79 60' times. On the first pass with the 1.79 60', it did the 12.06 @ 114 mph. I don't have the 60' time for the 12.16 pass. It was like 1.85. I lost the slip.

Ok the second pass with a 60' time of 1.79, the truck ran 11.98 @ 116 mph. I did take some weight out of the truck Friday, probably 60 lbs or so. This is 2 mph faster than the truck has ever gone, and the ET matches the best I had before from the previous tuner...but the 60' time is .09 slower. So it went faster, matched the ET, and even had a slower 60'.

What is also significant is the density altitude. First time it ran a 11.98, density altitude, IIRC, was 2000. Tonight the density altitude was 3100. 78 degrees with 92% humidity. Before the humidity was very high also, however the temperature was in the upper 60's instead of the upper 70's. I also noticed the maf reading was a little above 73lbs at the highest, which is slightly higher that it's been before. There was actually a little fog tonight. I don't know how significant from a performance standpoint the difference of 1100ft in the density altitude makes.

My critiques are that the 2-3 shift needs to be smoothed, and, I noticed on the way home when I went thru a construction zone with one of those radar operated speed limit signs, that the speedometer is synced with the drag tires, the 315/50/17's. In other words with the tall tires on it I'm going way faster that the speedometer indicates. It needs to be synced with the tall tires, which are 305/50/20's. I don't care about leaving the user options open, unless switching tire size in the tune affects performance. There's a 3" difference in diameter in the two sets of tires. Without the user options open we need to change the tire size in the tune.

I'm attaching the two logs. After you evaluate them and give your feedback, I'm sure you won't be surprised that I have a couple more questions, but they're really easy ones. I'll just send a different email later so you don't have so many questions to deal with now.

Thanks
Rusty
Old 05-19-2019, 03:10 AM

Roughly 3% horsepower per 1000ft. I can’t remember, but does DA factor in humidity? Because that also kills horsepower as the water molecules displace the oxygen.

This is just tune only right, no hardware changes? I had guessed at least a 10th or two faster and I think with better air you’d be there.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by BadCon
Roughly 3% horsepower per 1000ft. I can’t remember, but does DA factor in humidity? Because that also kills horsepower as the water molecules displace the oxygen.

This is just tune only right, no hardware changes? I had guessed at least a 10th or two faster and I think with better air you’d be there.
wow you're up late

yes, tune only...except I took the center jump seat out, and my subwoofer and amp. They're probably 60lbs or so.

Humidity is a factor in determining DA.

I'm not sure if it was your phone that had the DA app, or one slow 5.0's, but someone showed it too me and it said 2000 the night we all went. It was unbelievably humid tonight.

Saturday midnight fun n grudge is the time to go. I could have made 50 passes if I wanted to. No lines no wait.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:28 AM

the best thing about Matt's tune is .that he's pretty much always available. That's a huge bonus over what I was dealing with before
The following users liked this post:
TX-Ripper (05-19-2019)
Old 05-19-2019, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by rojizostang
the best thing about Matt's tune is .that he's pretty much always available. That's a huge bonus over what I was dealing with before
I hear that, I sent him a log Friday morning and had another revision that afternoon.
I’m working tonight, training a new guy so I have some time to catch up on the forum

Quick Reply: Alamo City Motorplex 5/18 Fun-n-Grudge