Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 5.0 Advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 09:37 PM
MidBlackF1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 5.0 Advice

New guy here, just purchased a 2013 regular cab sxt 5.0, already have roush y-pipe exhaust. Looking for some advice on what to do to just make a more fun DD, naturally aspirated of course.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:15 PM

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by SGreyF1
New guy here, just purchased a 2013 regular cab sxt 5.0, already have roush y-pipe exhaust. Looking for some advice on what to do to just make a more fun DD, naturally aspirated of course.
Even if you really don't care to race the truck or make it fast. You'll still enjoy driving the truck if you purchase a tuning device and tune from a reputable tuner. In my 13 5.0 I also much preferred the driving experience after I went to 4.10 gears. I thought it lugged around pretty poorly before them. I had 3.31's though, so I can't speak to 3.55 or 3.73. You haven't given a ton of info of what you like 2WD I'm guessing? If you want a sporty look maybe lower it a bit or level for the opposite.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:53 PM
MidBlackF1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I’d really like to make it faster and yes it is an Fx2 and I was planning on lowering it in the future but was planning on adding more under the hood than cosmetic at the moment, I’ve seen tons of intake swaps and such but have never looked into swapping gears, it seems like a good possibility given it gives you low end power, also what about going with a mustang intake?
Originally Posted by blue5.0
Even if you really don't care to race the truck or make it fast. You'll still enjoy driving the truck if you purchase a tuning device and tune from a reputable tuner. In my 13 5.0 I also much preferred the driving experience after I went to 4.10 gears. I thought it lugged around pretty poorly before them. I had 3.31's though, so I can't speak to 3.55 or 3.73. You haven't given a ton of info of what you like 2WD I'm guessing? If you want a sporty look maybe lower it a bit or level for the opposite.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:47 AM

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by SGreyF1
Yeah I’d really like to make it faster and yes it is an Fx2 and I was planning on lowering it in the future but was planning on adding more under the hood than cosmetic at the moment, I’ve seen tons of intake swaps and such but have never looked into swapping gears, it seems like a good possibility given it gives you low end power, also what about going with a mustang intake?
An 18 GT intake manifold would be cheap and relatively easy addition but again you would need a tune to compensate for that mod and see its full potential. Headers give a nice bump as well through the entire powerband but are pretty pricey for these trucks.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:58 AM

Received 260 Likes on 191 Posts

Last edited by rojizostang; 04-08-2019 at 07:32 AM.