2.7 AFE Power Scorcher Module review - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Performance, Tuning, and (LEGAL) Racing Post discussions about increasing performance, capabilities, and racing. ****WARNING**** Street racing or illegal activities will be removed and potential bans will be handed out.

2.7 AFE Power Scorcher Module review

Old 04-30-2018, 05:24 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Default 2.7 AFE Power Scorcher Module review

Hey Folks,
I just got my truck back from AFE and they installed their Scorcher unit on my 2018 2.7 EcoBoost. My truck was their tester for the 2018 units. The fitment was spot on the install was super simple. I thought I would share my results with you running on 87 octane. Let me know if you have questions.
Regards,
Bruce

Dyno results show around 53hp increase and around 70 torque from the largest differences.

the control module.

Hush Car Audio - www.hushcaraudio.com
Authorized dealers for Morel, Hertz, Audison, JL Audio, Second Skin, Focal, Audio Control, Mosconi, NavTV, Skar Audio, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, Viper, and more. PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.
The Following User Says Thank You to HushCarAudio For This Useful Post:
tugboat1959 (05-01-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 08:37 PM

Pretty cool.

What really impresses me the most when I see dyno #'s of these '18s is how little drive line loss there is from the crank to the rear wheels.

It's either that, or Ford is underestimating these motors.
The Following User Says Thank You to swampvol For This Useful Post:
HushCarAudio (05-01-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 11:11 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

I was told that this was a conservative reading on the dyno since it was hard to keep it in 4th gear due to the 10-speed transmission. I'm not sure how true this is since I don't know anything about the dyno and how the transmission affects things. What I do know is that at a light a Ram tried to have a go at me and he got smoked quickly.

Authorized dealers for Morel, Hertz, Audison, JL Audio, Second Skin, Focal, Audio Control, Mosconi, NavTV, Skar Audio, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, Viper, and more. PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:36 AM

Keep us posted.

Just realizing that is an 87 tune. Awesome #'s for 87.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Senile member

87 tune? I hate, hate, hate when people make performance tunes on 87 octane for forced induction motors. especially ones that gain 60 ft-lbs of torque. Theres timing and boost added in there.
The Following User Says Thank You to chimmike For This Useful Post:
OCMike (05-03-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 12:40 PM

Just remember, if you eventually get tuned, NEVER RUN THIS DEVICE WITH THE TUNE COMBINED. You will blow your engine up with the quickness.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:13 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Correction fellas, there is no tune involved in this mod. It's a piggyback system that allows for the turbo to get full boost. I was simply on 87 octane and there is no tune. If I run 91 the stock tune will automatically adjust for this and give me more power. The reason for this system is to keep my factory warranty intact since there are no tunes involved.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:16 PM
Senile member

Originally Posted by HushCarAudio View Post
Correction fellas, there is no tune involved in this mod. It's a piggyback system that allows for the turbo to get full boost. I was simply on 87 octane and there is no tune. If I run 91 the stock tune will automatically adjust for this and give me more power. The reason for this system is to keep my factory warranty intact since there are no tunes involved.
ugh. that sounds even worse on 87 octane. Where's the wideband afr monitoring?
Old 05-02-2018, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by HushCarAudio View Post
I knew it was a piggyback, i was just mentioning that you cannot run this device combined with a tune, it's pointless and you WILL blow your engine up.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:18 AM

And if is adding boost your warranty is gone. If it adds boost it is considered a tune.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2.7 AFE Power Scorcher Module review

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: