Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Windshield washer repair

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 08:11 AM

Received 132 Likes on 82 Posts

Default Windshield washer repair

Washers have never worked well since I bought this POS 2004 F150 two years ago. I replaced the washer pump motor and blew the lines and nozzles out with compressed air with no change.

Yesterday decided to fix for sure and since it was finally warm enough to not crack it, pulled the plastic cowling off to see what was going on. Found the plastic tee broken. Called the Ford dealer.
The tee is not a replaceable part. They want to sell the entire cowling, hose and tee as a single assembly for about $40.

Searching my home shop parts supplies, I found a bag of assorted vacuum connectors that I use for maintaining my old Diesel Mercedes. One of those tees fit the hose perfectly and I now have strong spray from the washer nozzles. Basically a free repair.

Add this to the reasons I am sorry I bought this damn truck. Perhaps this hack will help someone else. The connectors are available as an assortment from any big box parts store.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:34 PM
Chief Engineer

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Must be a fairly common failure since the same thing happened to me, but I changed out the spray nozzles before I found the wasted tee. The hole was on the bottom so you wouldn't see it unless you turned it over or ran the pump with the cowling off.

Sorry to hear you don't like your truck. My super crew is the new body style and was built in Feb'04, and it's been a great ride.

Quick Reply: Windshield washer repair