Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Weird Electrical - Haunted 03

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Electrical - Haunted 03

History: replaced alternator in 2016, battery in 2016 and again in 2019, and contact connectors a few months ago. Also fuel pump a few weeks ago if that helps.
Yesterday it started fine but after I got gas and tried to start it was completely dead, not responding at all and no dash lights. So I called someone over for a jump for a few minutes and then it started clicking by the ignition and some dash lights but not starting. They left and I tried to start it a few more times with no avail. I take the key out, and all of the sudden the dash lights start blinking in no particular order, the speedometer goes haywire, the automatic locks engage by themselves etc and all of this with no key even in the ignition! I disconnected and then reconnected the battery, and then it started fine. Drove home, next day wont start and has no response to key.

So, now my next move is to take the battery back to Walfart to have it tested, but was wondering if this sounds like anything anyone has ever seen/heard of?
Old 02-07-2019, 02:27 PM

Received 140 Likes on 99 Posts

Sounds like your battery has decided to give up. However WHY did your battery pack it in? You should have your charging system checked to verify its a battery problem or alternator problem which in turn causes your battery problem. Freds do weird things when they don’t get the voltage they’re looking for.

Quick Reply: Weird Electrical - Haunted 03