Very loud engine knocking sound at low RPM's (Attached Video) - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Maintenance Shop
Very loud engine knocking sound at low RPM's (Attached Video) >

Very loud engine knocking sound at low RPM's (Attached Video)

Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Very loud engine knocking sound at low RPM's (Attached Video)

Old 05-16-2018, 05:27 PM

Exclamation Very loud engine knocking sound at low RPM's (Attached Video)

2008 5.4 L 4x4 F150
171,000 Miles
VIDEO LINK AT BOTTOM

This problem began about 4 weeks ago now and has only gotten worse.
Problem: Extremely loud and obnoxious engine knocking sound, almost sounds like the engine is seizing up
When Does it occur: Only after the truck has warmed up for about 10 or 15 minutes. And only when at very low RPM's, most noticeable when slowing to a stop at a light, backing into a parking space, or slowly merging in slow traffic.
What have i done to diagnose: Im no car expert, the most work ive done is change a starter and some oxygen sensors. So i dont know where to start when looking for whats causing the problem. But i did check the engine and trans oil levels and they are both fine.

I have attached a video of the problem so you can hear the noise. Thank you in advance

VIDEO
Old 05-16-2018, 09:19 PM

Check out this video by Ford Tech Makuloco. Sounds almost exactly like what you've got in the video.

The Following User Says Thank You to catengi For This Useful Post:
FabledJayce17 (07-01-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Very loud engine knocking sound at low RPM's (Attached Video)

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: