Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Turn Signal Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Issue

Been lurking around for a solution to my turn signal problem...

2003 F150 XLT. My turn signals (both right & left) when engaged cause the relay to make a continuous buzzing sound. While the relay is buzzing, the signals will not blink and the signal lights on the dash will not illuminate. I have replaced the relay and multifunction switch and the same problem exists. The hazards work perfectly. My next guess is to replace the multifunction switch harness but I want stop throwing money at guessing. haha.

Anyone encountered a problem like this and what was your solution? Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by sinister187; 03-24-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay...So after some more investigation, I've found if the brake is applied and I slightly engage the turn signal (not all the way so it doesn't lock into position) I can get both turn signals to light up. Everything else, electronic wise, seems to be working properly.

I've read on other make/models where the ignition switch can be the culprit. Nobody has run into this problem eh?

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Issue