Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo leaking coolant

Old 03-26-2019, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo leaking coolant

My drivers side turbo is leaking coolant from the fitting above the oil line. Is there a way to replace this without removing turbo?
Old 03-27-2019, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not having a good day with my Ford... Not only is the turbo leaking, but the hood latch isn't working, and it just started leaking tranny fluid, (probably caused from lift and slope of my driveway).

Anyways, first things first, the coolant leak. has anyone tried putting a line wrench on the fitting and tightening? Can it be taken off with a line wrench and new fitting installed without removing turbo? I was also thinking maybe i could take off fitting with line wrench, swap o-rings from a new fitting, and screw it back in without ever disconnecting the line. It looks like this is a common problem but i havent seen but one video on the repair where they remove turbo. Any help would be appreciated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo leaking coolant

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: