Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Transmission hose problem - Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission hose problem - Help Needed

Ok so i have a 2000 f-150. Seems as if this year was a wierd transition year where they only made the slave cylinder for that one year.

My transmission went out after someone at the ford dealership told me it would be ok to put a stop leak in the clutch master cylinder to stop a slow leak it had. I tried it out and 200 miles later the center shaft broke in my transmission. So he had suggested that i use it and hadn't actually put it in himself so it was on me to fix the problem.

I checked online and found out that the truck used the Mazda transmission. So i was checking around to find a 2000 model tranny used and couldn't find one anywhere. I did however find a nice 2001 that had 40k miles on it. Picked it up for 400 bucks. I put the tranny, cluth, pressure plate, throwout bearing, all myself only to find out that the hose that goes from the clutch master cylinder down to the slave cylinder will not lock in. It is a hydraulic line and the 2000 model is smaller than the 2001 model.

SO........... my question is what to do?

Option 1:

I have thought about taking the slave cylinder and hose to a hydraulic shop to see if they could make an adapter to go between the two.

Option 2:

Replacing the hose to be the hose that would fit in the 2001 slave cylinder. I am not sure if i would have to replace the clutch master cylinder if i went this route to be a 2001 model clutch master cylinder. Or even if the 2001 would fit or work in the 2000 model i have.

Option 3:

Replacing the slave cylinder. If at all possible i want to avoid doing this because it involves me taking the tranny back out. So that would be a last ditch effort to make this work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone has had this problem or if you are know enough about this to help me out with it i would really appreciate it alot. I tried the search option before posting and never found anything that was close to this. So thanks in advance please post if you can help.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not sure on the answer but I would go find one from a scrap yard and take the master from an 01..

Quick Reply: Transmission hose problem - Help Needed