Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Ticking noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticking noise

I recently dropped my transmission and replaced flex plate. Reinstalled everything and now when it cranks or is under strain at about 2500 rpm till 3k rpm it is making a ticking noise. Sounds like a metal fan hitting a shroud. The higher the the rpm the faster and louder it is until about 3k rpm and it stops. I thought it was the torque converter bolts hitting the spacer in between motor and transmission. I marked the bolts and started the truck and rechecked. The bolts show no contact marks. I have no clue what it could be making the noise. Any suggestions. It is running and shifting just fine.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Lariat xlt
I recently dropped my transmission and replaced flex plate. Reinstalled everything and now when it cranks or is under strain at about 2500 rpm till 3k rpm it is making a ticking noise. Sounds like a metal fan hitting a shroud. The higher the the rpm the faster and louder it is until about 3k rpm and it stops. I thought it was the torque converter bolts hitting the spacer in between motor and transmission. I marked the bolts and started the truck and rechecked. The bolts show no contact marks. I have no clue what it could be making the noise. Any suggestions. It is running and shifting just fine.
2004 ford f150 Lariat 4WD

Quick Reply: Ticking noise