Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Stops jerkin, goes with a vacuum

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stops jerkin, goes with a vacuum

Okay, hope that got some looks. Here's the deal. I'm new to trucks. Been driving Mustangs most of my adult life, yet never did any major work on them myself. So, I'm not that smart about car/truck trouble shooting. I now have a 2000 Lariat that has a 3 or 4 inch Rancho lift, running 305/70/r16's. I mention that last bit because when I am slowing down, the breaks feel jerky or grabby. The more intense the stopping, the grabbier the ride down to 0 mph. They're not noisy, they don't pull at all to either side, but it'salmost like the ABS is activating.The indicator light isn't coming on, though. I know the light works, because it comes on at start up like it's supposed to. Does this sound like warped rotors, maybe? Or just a side effect of heavier tires on factory calipers?

The second part of my title refers to my AC/Heater vents. Seems that at idle, or under low load (1/4 throttle) air exits the vents it is set to exit (panel,panel/floor,etc), however, once I push it more than 1/4 throttle, all the air is immediately redirected to exit from the defrost vents. I drove a Dodge 1500 van at my job that did this. (I just thought it was a Dodge thing), but it wasn't nearly as sensitive as this. I had to floor that thing for this to happen. Vacuum line problem here? Is there somethin like a vacuum fed blend door that is not working right? Is this going to be easy to get to to fix? I've been driving a 4 cylinder 97 Honda without AC for 2 years now. I'm so excited to have cool air ,with a big ole kick butt American steel truck wrapped around it, please help me fix it.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somethin I said?
Old 10-04-2012, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say rotors, mine is also a 2000 and that's my issue, it's pretty bad. I gotta get mine fixed. I'd say chances are that's what is it though. Congrats on owning a truck!

Quick Reply: Stops jerkin, goes with a vacuum