Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Shuddering w acceleration

Old 08-31-2010, 05:51 PM
All Wooded Out

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Shuddering w acceleration

Took my truck in to have it leveled and was talking w the guy. Mentioned how when accelerating at 45+ mph it would shudder. If I baby the gas or hit it hard though it doesn't do it. I assumed it was a misfire in a cop but he said if so it would do it all the time.

He said it might be torque converter but that's out of my league. No idea. He also said it could be alignment. It is very out of alignment.

I trust the guy he is not the type to make stuff up or blame more expensive problems I just question the torque converter. But like I said I don't know much about them.

Any suggestions? I need to have it aligned anyway after it's levelled. I guess I am just afraid it's something more expensive...
Old 08-31-2010, 05:55 PM
All Wooded Out

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also forgot to mention it's a 2000. I just changed the fuel filter from the stock one and that gave it more powr but I can't tell if it helped the problem. I want to say it made it happen less but I haven't driven it on the highway since then.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, its not your alignment. When was your last brake job? At 50k, you are ready if it has not been done. I'm thinking sticky calipers if it is brake problem.
Also, pull your tranny dipstick and see if the fluid is clear and clean. The color should be bright red. If it is dirty, might need service and inspection. Thirdly, check differential fluid by pulling fill plug. After removing, wipe plug on a clean white cloth. If it is dirty with metal flakes or other particles, suspect differential gears or clutches if it has limited slip.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Originally Posted by biglakebubba
Dude, its not your alignment. When was your last brake job? At 50k, you are ready if it has not been done. I'm thinking sticky calipers if it is brake problem.
Also, pull your tranny dipstick and see if the fluid is clear and clean. The color should be bright red. If it is dirty, might need service and inspection. Thirdly, check differential fluid by pulling fill plug. After removing, wipe plug on a clean white cloth. If it is dirty with metal flakes or other particles, suspect differential gears or clutches if it has limited slip.
Welcome to the Forum Bubba...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shuddering w acceleration