Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Seat heater and cooler not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 10:40 PM
'12 FX4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seat heater and cooler not working

If I only had seat heaters, I would not be writing this- too simple. Last winter, the seat heaters and coolers worked exactly as they should. This spring, everything went wonky, and I thought I'd get around to fixing it all before winter, but now it's October and it's time to fix it while my fingers won't go numb from the cold.

Starting in April, when I clicked on the seat heaters, (either side), the seat cooling fans turn on. When I click to cool (either side) either the cooling fans turn on or nothing happens. I don't think that any of the heater pads warm up, but because of the cooling fans, I can't tell. The buttons on the dash all light up correctly as you switch between heat/cool and high/med/low. It's just that the heaters/coolers don't respond correctly. No work has been done on the truck, so I can't blame anyone else for messing with it.

I'm an ok "parts replacer" kind of guy with modest troubleshooting skills, but this one is too expensive and you can't return electrical parts once purchased, This sounds a lot like a bad controller. But maybe my 10-12 year old kids kicked something loose under the seat? It's really hard to see under the seat and I'm not all that thrilled about removing seats if I don't have to.

I'm at a loss as to where to begin troubleshooting, or just start replacing parts randomly (expensive). Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever solve this?

Quick Reply: Seat heater and cooler not working