Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Right rear signal has me stumped!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right rear signal has me stumped!

My vehicle, a 2011 Ford F150 FX4, is giving me a headache. I just purchased this vehicle last week (only 30k miles) and I have two right rear taillights that are not working. Any help is appreciated!

Here are the symptoms for the right rear taillights. I should also mention that the rear defroster does not work. I don’t believe its related but maybe it is. I checked the fuses and as far as I can tell they are okay, but I may have missed something.

-With the vehicle off, hazards lights work with light switch in auto sensing mode and lights off mode.

-With the vehicle off, and brake pedal depressed, all brake lights work including top brake light. However, right brake lights do not work with parking lights turned on and brake pedal depressed. Right rear taillight does not work with the brake pedal depressed and light switch turned on. All brake lights work with brake pedal depressed with autosensing on.

-With vehicle off, no right rear tail lights with parking lights on, no right rear lights with lights turned on.

-With vehicle running, hazards only work with lights off and auto sensing

-With vehicle running, signal on right rear only works with lights off but they hyper flash

-Right rear tail lights do not work with vehicle running

-When I lock the vehicle with the key fob both tail lights flash.

-The vehicle has a Ford installed remote engine start that works fine but many spliced wires under driver’s side dash.

- I can't find any other bulbs that are burned out. I removed the multifunction switch and the wires that go into the rear look okay

Thank you!

Last edited by Rick11fx4; 10-22-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I gave up and had to bring it to the dealer. It turns out it was a bad ground or ground wire that came loose. This was located above the spare tire under the truck. 2 hours of labor later it is fixed. I wanted to post in case anyone has a similar issue.

Quick Reply: Right rear signal has me stumped!