Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Remote start/ PATS bypass question - 09 F150...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start/ PATS bypass question - 09 F150...

I promise I searched.

So my issue is that one day, my radio locked up on me, and I couldn't get it to do anything. No phone calls, cd, aux, ect. Just displayed "Built Ford Tough" even after I turned the ignition off, so I disconnected the harness and let it sit 15 seconds and plugged it back in. Radio works fine. Next day, try to use my remote start and no joy.

Pass it off as being a really hot day screwing with the electronics and let it ride till it gets a little cooler, and still no joy. Get around to troubleshooting, and find out that it's going through all the motions except the sensing of a valid key. (Security light flashing really fast while running through the motions) Hold up my main key beside the cylinder, hit the remote start, security light blinks normally and the truck starts just like it should. Cool. Found my issue.

Took the column shroud off, checked the loop transmitter and it's perfectly in place. Power is going to the Ford PATS module (p/n 7L2Z-19G365-AA) but apparently either the module isn't talking nice to the truck, or the truck doesn't recognize the module. (That particular module isn't one that has a key that presses into it, but rather has a sealed electronics unit in a box)

Now, my question is, is there any way to verify that the module is in fact bad, OR! a way to program the module to the truck using the two master keys? I don't wanna sacrifice one of my keys to tape inside the column cowling, nor do I want to Bypass PATS entirely.

Or would I be better off getting an aftermarket PATS bypass module and adding another key to sacrifice into the module?
Old 11-05-2015, 10:51 AM

All right, guess I'll just order an aftermarket bypass unit then.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 338 Likes on 254 Posts

I really wish you'd gotten an answer. I am literally trying to figure out if I can get that exact same PATS bypass programmed or if I need to replace it.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your problem is actually hard to detect. I havent experience having this trouble. Wish you could get an answer from the expert here.
Old 09-22-2022, 06:45 PM

Angry

I have a no start situation. replaced the transceiver...no change, rebuilt the gauge cluster, no change....replaced the ECM/PCM...still no start. Only the rapid flashing light of the PATS garbage, malfunctioning.

Both keys have been checked and tested. They are fine.
HELP !!

If this can be bypassed...how ??

Old 09-22-2022, 10:26 PM

Received 1,264 Likes on 1,083 Posts

You have committed many of the errors that people hate. You tagged on to somebody else's post with a comment that does not apply (the OP had a remote start question). You didn't identify what you're working on. You didn't tell the history before the problem. You did not distinguish between no-start and no-crank. You replaced many parts with no clear reason why.

You'd be better off to just create a new thread titled "How can PATS be bypassed?". Or ask how your problem can be fixed. If you can address the issues above you'll get better replies. Right now, you're just a new guy who turns the key and his truck doesn't start, with a flashing anti-theft light and some new parts. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Remote start/ PATS bypass question - 09 F150...