Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Quesion about antifreeze/coolant

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quesion about antifreeze/coolant

Hello fellow members, I own a 1997 f150 4.6 v8 with AC. I recently changed the coolant/antifreeze with prestone and peak. I only had 2 bottles of green 50/50 prestone all vehicle coolant that I mixed with a bottle of yellow peak antifreeze. So my question is, is it ok that I mixed two different color antifreezes together?
Old 05-24-2015, 07:49 PM

Received 78 Likes on 67 Posts

Hey bud, this may get a bit more traffic in the 97-2003 section, but I'll give it a shot. I had that exact motor in my 98 and did much of the same one time. I had no I'll side effects in the 30k mikes I had the truck beyond that. One coolant may have a bit more of something than the other, and all companies want to set theirs apart so it's a diff. color, but from my experience, all of them do the same things which is to minimize heat and minimize the chance of the motor freezing up. Again, I'm not a mechanic, just sharing MY DIRECT experience with that same motor. Btw, truck had about 150k on it when I had to get rid of it.

Quick Reply: Quesion about antifreeze/coolant