Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Power window/ Electric Help Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window/ Electric Help Please!!

Hi, we have a 2004 Ford f150 and recently the windows stopped working all of them. The drivers door wouldn't shut off radio when opened or chime and we looked at the wires in the boot and we had a broken ground. Got that fixed and chiming works n radio shuts off n lights go on and off with drivers door. However, the windows don't work. Could it be the switch in the drivers door? Or what do you recommend trying next?
Old 09-20-2014, 02:53 PM

Default Fixed it!!

We managed to fix it by connect the ground wire better. The first time it wasn't getting enough connection and then it came undone altogether. After attaching wire to it to make it longer and cleaning it all up, we connected it and now everything works!
Old 06-07-2015, 04:42 PM

I just fixed same type problem. All 4 windows stopped working at the same time. I checked fuse (which was god). I removed the boot from the drivers door and found a cut wire (black and blue wire.)
Using #12 wire and 2 connectors, I spliced a 4 inch piece in line and all was good.

Quick Reply: Power window/ Electric Help Please!!