Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

please help! p0022 code this time

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry please help! p0022 code this time

Hey guys, I'm having a horrible time with my truck, I've been throwing a bunch of parts and money at it and still not fixed.

About a month ago I took my truck to the shop and got my Spark plugs replaced, one of the heads had to be removed. Truck was running great after so I bought an edge evolution CS and set it to tow mode. When I ran codes it had a p2006 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed. I took the intake manifold out and checked the CMCV to check if maybe a clip had broken off or was bad, everything was good so I just cleaned it and re installed it. I ran codes again and this time I got a p2004 (Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open). I waited till money was right before taking it back to shop and getting the (CMCV) replaced but the next day it stalled and wouldn’t turn on, just clicked. Turned out I needed a new alternator Once that was replaced two days later had the same problem, this time it was a bad battery. I had the shop replace the battery and the CMCV on the intake manifold at the same time. Before I took it to shop I reprogrammed my Edge Evo CS back to stock tune. When I got it back from the shop it kept stalling, my mechanic checked codes and there wasn’t any. The fuel pressure was good but said my fuel module was corroded and should be replaced, so we ordered one and got it replaced. This time before I test drove it I did an idle control relearn procedure, as stated in the owner’s manual. The truck ran great and was purring like a kitten the whole test drive until I got back to the shop to pay the mechanic, it stalled again. I figured the computer will eventually relearn my driving habits and it’ll stop stalling at low speed or when I stopped at red lights. A day and a half of no problems then my engine light turns on! ugrr! I ran codes with my EVO CS and now I’m getting a p0022 code what the hell!?

Here’s the weird part to all this mess. When I connect my EVO CS to the OBDII port my truck runs horrible, it shakes and drives very rough engine light turns on I get a bunch of codes and it stalls a lot. This is with the EVO connected but without a custom program, the PCM is still on stock. When this happens I clear the codes and disconnect the EVO from OBDII port turn truck off and on and it runs great for a while till the engine light turns back on but with only P0022 code.

Any suggestions? I’m planning on replacing my VCT solenoid driver side (bank 2)
Should I get my PCM re-flashed? I’m thinking this because I when from a custom Tow tune back to stock while maintenance was being done to the intake manifold and battery was replaced.

Sorry it was so long but if you finished reading it I hope you can help, Thank you for any advice or help you can offer.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went ahead and replaced the vct (driver side) I hope the p0022 code wont light up my engine light again. Ill keep updating incase someone runs into this.

Quick Reply: please help! p0022 code this time