Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Oil has some milky residue in it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil has some milky residue in it?

Hi there everybody,

I love my truck, it's an 82 300 inline 6. There is something that caught my attention though with the whole milky oil. I took a few pictures, I hope ya'll can see alright. I bought the truck about two months ago and assume it was sitting from how squeaky the leaf springs were. I changed the oil immediately and added stp high mileage oil treatment. I also changed the air filter as well as the pcv valve, oil cap valve and grommet and the type of filter thats shown in pictures as it was saturated and cleaned out the air filter encasement as it held plenty of oil. I noticed the milkyness about two weeks after I changed the oil, and didn't really notice it before I changed it but the oil was pretty dirty. Oil still gets into the air filter encasement (the thing that holds the air filter on top of carb) but I keep squeezing the filter shown (has been milky for about two weeks). I read that the milkyness could possibly be from using too much oil when changing, but also have read many many other things from head gasket, to vaccum issues?
Anyways, any input is greatly appreciated as I'm trying to get on this as I treasure my truck!

filter

oil cap

dipstick
Old 10-28-2015, 12:06 PM
Senior

Received 119 Likes on 112 Posts

You have water in you oil, that said is your radiator low on coolant? If not, have you been in a high rain, drove through standing water? I see there is no seal on you oil cap that could be letting moisture into the system. I would change the oil again, top off the coolant system and keep an eye on both if the coolant level drops then I would suspect a blown head gasket, crack in the block or head. If there is no drop in the coolant level you have a another source of water getting into the engine.

Hope this helps
Old 10-31-2015, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can get this if all you do is short runs. Not really driving long enough to heat up to rid the moisture in oil pan.

Quick Reply: Oil has some milky residue in it?