Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Not Sure Where to Start

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Not Sure Where to Start

We purchased our 2012 F150 from Beach Ford (VA Beach, VA) in FEB '12. I love this truck. When we sat down with our salesman (Mike Improta) and the gent who did the final contracts we asked for the bumper to bumper, bells, whistles, all inclusive (except the normal stuff brakes, tires...) warranty. Why? because my husband is a Navy man, and as anyone who served knows as soon as deployment hits everything that can go wrong will.

I want to be very clear that I am NOT upset with the service dept. My service rep, Leeanne Ruiz, fought very hard today, but lost to the "inspector" from Warranty Solutions. I'm kind of upset that noone higher up at the dealership took this for action and that the warranty that we bought through the dealership is being petty about a SINGLE part. Here's the soup to nuts.

So, about 6 weeks ago, my fuel gauge started acting up. I'd fill the tank only to have the needle swing low w/in a few miles or have the MTE tick down by the second instead of by the mile. I called to make an appointment, and brought the truck in this weekend for service on monday. Well.. after 2 days they finally "recreated" the problem and discovered... WAIT FOR IT... THE GAS TANK HAD COLLAPSED (their words not mine). The service dept had multiple technicians look at the truck. They all agreed that there was NO FAULT on our part and it was a defective part.

Here is where the frustration starts. They called Warranty Solutions and the company sent out an investigator. The investigator is willing to pay for the gas tank and purge valve(?) but won't pay for the part that connects those two (I think its the evap valve but I don't know crap about fuel tanks/pumps hence the crazy extra amount of money bought direct through the dealer warranty). Anyway... Ms Ruiz FOUGHT with this inspector to get him to pay for ALL of the parts. When asked WHY they won't pay for this specific aspect HE GAVE NO JUSTIFICATION - just "NO". Here's the kicker. He won't approve for the actual pump to be replaced until after they drop the tank tomorrow. This problem is "common" with the Ford Focus. The techs and service crew were familiar with it. So it can't be new for Warranty Solutions or Ford.

I've been without my vehicle since Monday. I declined the rental and in return for my not costing the warranty company money they have slapped me with $612 in parts - and thats IF I don't get slammed for the pump.

Please understand that I KNOW "it could be worse" but when you PAY for coverage. You TRUST the DEALERSHIP to provide you with a warranty (yes extended) that will truly have you covered. When I tried to contact the Warranty Company their phone system doesn't allow you to reach anyone.

Welcome Home honey... I dropped a bunch of money on the truck that you thought was under warranty.

Highly Disappointed,

Jinger

Quick Reply: Not Sure Where to Start