Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

New Truck Got Rear-ended - Purely cosmetic?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy New Truck Got Rear-ended - Purely cosmetic?

So I bought my new 2014 FX4 F150 a week ago, and I love it. Best vehicle I've driven so far.

However, apparently I'm not allowed to have too much fun, so I got rear-ended at a stoplight today. I would guess the other car was going 20-25 mph, no braking from what I could tell. The rear bumper is messed up, but it looks like that's the extent of it. Tail lights still work, and I think my tailgate is ok, just blocked by the bumper that is now a few inches higher. I think insurance will cover it, but I'm really nervous that there is more than just the bumper that needs to be replaced, aka frame damage, sensor damage, wiring damage, etc.

I'm looking for anyone who may have also gotten rear-ended under similar conditions. Did it cause just cosmetic bumper damage, or did the frame get bent? Also, if you had them, did your back-up sensors get damaged, and how difficult were they to get repaired? Was there any lasting damage or problems that never got resolved?

Here's a couple photos:
https://i.imgur.com/fdBzrO5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Z0KZbpj.jpg

If anyone could help, that would be great. If not, well, thanks for reading.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:45 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I have never been rear ended in a truck but I have been in a sedan a few times. You will be surprised what a little hit like that can cost and how much damage it did. Or when the bumper is off there may not be anything wrong with the frame. Hard to tell by a pic from the outside. If you really get underneath it you can see more.
The following users liked this post:
csaul410 (04-18-2015)
Old 04-18-2015, 11:14 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Eh, she'll buff right out, eh? Looks like ye truck held up pretty good. But, I'd make sure at dealer body shop.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:48 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

^^ Yes - definitely have the dealer get under there and check things out thoroughly.

Quick Reply: New Truck Got Rear-ended - Purely cosmetic?