Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

New member, probably not new problem.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 06:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member, probably not new problem.

I have a 2013 xlt EcoBoost. A few years ago I traded a set of raptor wheels away to help buy my house. Well d-bag didn't tell me his wheels didn't have sensors. Realized about 20 minutes down the road. Light came on. Tried to get him to respond, no answer. So been driving around with light. Got different wheels. Made sure to put new sensors in. Still have the light. Do I need to take it to a tire shop to have them reset the light? Tired of looking at it.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:35 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Look in the owners manual. It tells you how to train them to your truck.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:57 PM

I've tried that and it for some reason will not recognize the front left sensor to start. Maybe I'll keep trying. Or just take it and have a mechanic reset them.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I put a set of Amazon-purchased OEM sensors in my G8. Discount Tire couldnt get the right front to learn after 3 tries, then I tried myself one I got home and the left front wouldnt learn. After a couple days, and once the weather warmed up to the low 50's, I tried again and all 4 learned. Some of these can be more picky than others, if your tire shop checked them with their tool before they went in, they should learn, it might take a few tries. Three months later and mine all read just fine.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:37 PM

I installed the tires and wheels at home. Was an extra set that I had. Just had the shop mount and balance the tires. I tried the relearn procedure again today and still lets out all the air and says did not relearn, try again. Guess it's either off to the tire shop or buy one of those ford tools. I'd rather have the tool and do it myself. But I'd also like to not have to buy it, decisions decisions.

Quick Reply: New member, probably not new problem.