Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

In need of a reliable Ford dealer shop in Dallas area

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of a reliable Ford dealer shop in Dallas area

I'm having shifting issues and it threw a code(P061A) with a wrench dash light. Anyone have a preferred ford dealer in the Dallas Texas area that is real good with 3.5EB. I have a 2017 f150 ten speed transmission, and still under the 3/36 factory warranty. I had it in once already at 5 Star Plano. All they did was reflash the PCM. Still having the chugging issues on slight inclines. It's like the torque converter is disengaging. It also downshifts hard from 4th to 3rd. Thanks for any help!
Old 06-02-2019, 11:49 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

The 5 star dealerships all have a good reputation. I got mine at 5 star Carrollton but haven’t needed any repairs. Interested to hear anyone else’s recommendation.
The following users liked this post:
jfletcher72 (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 01:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same Ford Dealership problems in Washington State. My resolution was to have a Ford Dealership quote the cost of any recommended repairs in writing. This may cost a couple of labor hours to be charged. I would then take my vehicle to a good mechanic (one you can trust) to also diagnose and, if reasonable, resolve the problem to your satisfaction. At that point you can take the original Ford Dealership invoice and have the Customer Relation department refund the cost of any charges you have incurred on their work estimate as well as the cost of your out of pocket repair (if this should have been under warrantee). You will also need the invoice from the good mechanic to prove that Ford Service was unreliable. The outcome is the next time you see the Ford Dealership, they will remember their failure and try (?) to provide a better service to you. You need Ford Service to fulfill their warrantees otherwise you paid for service that is unacceptable to you. This has worked as described for me.
jfletcher72 (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 02:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've only had one repair experience on my 2018 and that was at Grapevine Ford. They replaced my steering wheel under warranty and did the recall. Despite their terrible reputation, I found the experience to be very good and quite painless. Great communication, work done right, and on time.
jfletcher72 (06-03-2019)

Quick Reply: In need of a reliable Ford dealer shop in Dallas area