Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

My new 2003 F150 Heritage Edition.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new 2003 F150 Heritage Edition.

Hello There!
My Name is Fanman. I just bought a '03 F150 Heritage with 236,098 Miles on it. It has K&N Cold Air intake and a 3 1/2 Inch (Unknown Manufacture) exhaust.
This baby is super clean and runs way strong. I got it off the LHM Dealership's lot for $9000. Not too happy about the price but I was forced into buying a new vehicle. (My 93 Bronco Threw a rod and I don't have time to fix it) There is a check engine light on that I'm taking back to the Dealership for. When I first test drove it; The engine rocked the whole body like a cradle. (Not in a good way) When it was going at speeds of 40MPH and Higher the motor would start to shutter and jolt and vibrated the whole truck. after about 10 miles it's stopped completely. The Check Engine light is still on but it's running way smoother than when I first got in it. I had all the Fluids changed the day I bought it (246 miles ago) Everything works and is great on gas (5.4L v8) in comparison to my old Bronco that is (351W 5.8L)
Here is my question:
How much longer do you guys think the the truck will last? How much will I run into issues with this truck? What would be the first thing you would do if you had bought this truck?

All comments welcomed.
I appreciate it!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:51 PM

Received 1,180 Likes on 1,070 Posts

welcome, nice truck. I'd love to see some pictures.

if the truck has been well maintained and you continue to do this, she'll be fine for a looonnnggg time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My new 2003 F150 Heritage Edition.