Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Horn honks more when lock/unlock button on fob is pushed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn honks more when lock/unlock button on fob is pushed.

Hi,

Still kinda new here, so please forgive me if this is in the wrong forum or has already been answered (my google foo is not strong).

Recently my battery died. I replaced it but now when I lock/unlock the doors, the horn honks more times then before.

Before:
Lock, 2 honks.
Unlock, no honks.

Now:
Lock, 4 short honks
Unlock, 2 short honks.

I'm wondering if this means something else is wrong with the electrical system? Or if it's something that can be set to user preferences (and if so, how to set)?

2004 supercrew
2WD
5.4L V8.

Thanks for any help you may have to offer.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:00 AM
LightningRod

Received 640 Likes on 513 Posts

Interesting query. I can't imagine what replacing the battery would have to do with it.

But I know there is lots more 'smarts' in the computers on our vehicles than 99% of us ever know. I wonder if it is trying to tell you something - ie: perhaps one of the doors is NOT locking or it sees an open or short in the door locking circuit or something like that. It might even be setting a "B" (body) trouble code if you have someone read OBDII codes.

Have you looked through the owner's manual for anything about it? I'll be interested in the final outcome of this thread.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.

Haven't looked through the manual yet, but plan to this week. If I can't find anything, I'm just gonna take it to the dealer and see what they say.