Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Help!!! Can't find the root of my hesitation problem

Old 09-15-2015, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Can't find the root of my hesitation problem

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm posting this in the right section. So let me give you all a run down on my truck and see if anyone out there can help me. I should also inform you that I don't know much about the mechanic part of things which is why I need help. I feel sometimes I'm being fed a line of BS but I don't know it. I purchased my 2007 F150 King Ranch 2wd in March of 2015. 2 weeks later I blew the motor on the interstate. Apparently the oil pump broke and blew the motor. I didn't have any indication that this was going on. No changes in performance or control panel lights coming on. The motor was rebuilt along with a new valve body on the transmission and a lower arm bracket. Ever since I got the truck back it has had hesitation issues. My mechanic first said they were getting a "ROM fail code" which he claimed the computer needed to be replaced. So my computer was replace and still have a slight hesitation problem. 2 weeks later my truck started to throw itself into "engine fail-safe mode" I took it back to the shop and they claimed that one of the wire harnesses brackets broke and was being burnt by the exhaust manifold. So they replaced the wiring and told me that was probably the hesitation problem the whole time. So I get the truck back and still has the hesitation but now the engine fail safe mode isn't coming on so I believe that is fixed. I took it back to the shop and complained so they said they were going to change my plugs, clean my MAF sensor, clean my throttle body and replace my computer again because it was throwing another "ROM" code. So here we are again all of this has been done and I'm still having hesitation but now its slightly worse or present more. I called the shop to complain again and they informed me that they put in AUTOLITE plugs. I have read on here mixed things about these plugs and that it is best to use Motorcraft. I have been reading the forums on here for the last couple month trying to get an idea of whats going on with my truck. The only thing I haven't done that I have seen on here related to hesitation problems is change the fuel filter. I did call the mechanic and they are taking it back and putting the motorcraft plugs in. What else could it be. All I have done since I purchased this truck is try to figure out while it does drive the same as when I bought it. Please Help. Thanks guys!!!
Old 09-18-2015, 10:05 PM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKing_07
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm posting this in the right section. So let me give you all a run down on my truck and see if anyone out there can help me. I should also inform you that I don't know much about the mechanic part of things which is why I need help. I feel sometimes I'm being fed a line of BS but I don't know it. I purchased my 2007 F150 King Ranch 2wd in March of 2015. 2 weeks later I blew the motor on the interstate. Apparently the oil pump broke and blew the motor. I didn't have any indication that this was going on. No changes in performance or control panel lights coming on. The motor was rebuilt along with a new valve body on the transmission and a lower arm bracket. Ever since I got the truck back it has had hesitation issues. My mechanic first said they were getting a "ROM fail code" which he claimed the computer needed to be replaced. So my computer was replace and still have a slight hesitation problem. 2 weeks later my truck started to throw itself into "engine fail-safe mode" I took it back to the shop and they claimed that one of the wire harnesses brackets broke and was being burnt by the exhaust manifold. So they replaced the wiring and told me that was probably the hesitation problem the whole time. So I get the truck back and still has the hesitation but now the engine fail safe mode isn't coming on so I believe that is fixed. I took it back to the shop and complained so they said they were going to change my plugs, clean my MAF sensor, clean my throttle body and replace my computer again because it was throwing another "ROM" code. So here we are again all of this has been done and I'm still having hesitation but now its slightly worse or present more. I called the shop to complain again and they informed me that they put in AUTOLITE plugs. I have read on here mixed things about these plugs and that it is best to use Motorcraft. I have been reading the forums on here for the last couple month trying to get an idea of whats going on with my truck. The only thing I haven't done that I have seen on here related to hesitation problems is change the fuel filter. I did call the mechanic and they are taking it back and putting the motorcraft plugs in. What else could it be. All I have done since I purchased this truck is try to figure out while it does drive the same as when I bought it. Please Help. Thanks guys!!!
What brand of COP s did they use? There's a good chance the motorcraft plugs will fix the issue. A good mechanic should know autolites are crap in our engines.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't change the COPs out yet. I just changed the motorcraft plugs and it made a huge difference but I still experience the lag/hesitation. The hesitation gets worse the longer I drive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help!!! Can't find the root of my hesitation problem