Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

HELP!! 2004 4.6L Missfire

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Ben

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HELP!! 2004 4.6L Missfire

Alright boys and girls, i am at my whits end as well as the end of my knoledge. I have a 2004 4.6L with 172*** miles. It has a missfire on #6 cylender, i have tryed every test i can think of, from moving coils and injectors around with no change. To a compression test at 110 lbs. i purchased a noid light tester and check every coil and injector and all are good. The fuel pump is brand new and is showing 42 PSI when the engine is off and 35 PSI at idol. I have taken the injector off of the fuel rail and let the fuel run through it to make sure its not blocked..... Now if anyone can give me some tips and tests to try out, id be happy to try them out before i go drop $100 just to have ford tell me whats wrong.:cen sored:

anything will help.... thanks guys.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:18 AM

Received 239 Likes on 223 Posts

Look for freeze frame data with your code reader, take running tests and record them. Check to see if your motor is at proper operating temperature during freeze frame recording tests. Continue with more tests of all cyls. for uneven compression, do vacuum tests for low manifold and hose damage. Test your EGR for proper operation. Do you have any codes. Are your ignition transformer capacitors OK ? Is it going into FMEM due to a problem with crank or cam sensors. I'm sure you didn't drop the sparkplug. You are sure about the conectors of coil and injector. Make sure the fuse is inserted correctly. Loose connections are just nuts. It could be at the sensor plug. It could be a worn cam chain guide. Really reaching for this one. It basics but nuts. A cracked valve seat can drive you nuts for a while also.

Last edited by papa tiger; 03-09-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Quick Reply: HELP!! 2004 4.6L Missfire