Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Heated Seat Not Working

Old 10-29-2015, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Seat Not Working

I have a 2012 F-150 FX4 that is having problems with the heated seat. I can hear the seat click on when I press the button, and the fan start blowing, but then the fans stops and it doesn't get hot. Then if I turn the heated seat off, I do not hear the clicking noise anymore. I also do not hear and clicking noise if I turn the heated seats back on.

Please help! I have taken the vehicle to a shop to look at, and they cannot find anything wrong. It seems to work whenever they look at it. I have not taken it to the Dealership because I feel like they will rip me off. It is our of warranty by 1 month!

Thanks
Old 12-01-2015, 04:11 PM

I had a similar problem with my 2009 F150. The light indicator would come on, but would immediately go back off (only on the driver side). I took it in to the dealer (Galpin). They wanted to completely replace the entire seat and wanted to charge me almost $1400.00 for the privilege but I declined.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:55 PM

Default Heated seat trouble

I also have an issue with the driver seat heater. If I try to operate it after starting the truck (2012 FX4 Screw) the switch lights up but no action. I tried to remote start the vehicle and the seat heater works every time. I usually remotebstart the truck and turn the heater on as soon as I turn key. The switch clicks and the heater works. I am not sure how to diagnose the problem but don't think it's the element. It might be the switch
I will check in next couple of weeks to plug driver one into passenger side of switch if it possible to do so and report back

Last edited by Marty1962; 02-23-2017 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Old 02-23-2017, 08:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine stopped working and all it required was replacing the element in the seat. The I replaced it myself and it was a lot easier to do than I thought. Fixed the issue with mine lighting up and then shutting off.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:21 PM

My heater still works if I repeat the sequence of remote starting first so doubt it's the element in my case. Will investigate the switch and report back. Just thought could narrow down the possible faults if the poster repeated my steps and had a different result than he previously had
Old 02-24-2017, 09:26 PM

FYI the switch lights illuminate in all cases and don't turn off but I noticed that if there is no audible click when the button is pushed there is no heating or cooling happening
When remote started the switch makes a clicking sound when engaged after the key inserted and turned. Hope this explains what is happening with my rig
Have 175000 km on truck now and still enjoy driving it
Old 09-18-2017, 08:17 AM
Brown coat independent

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueFlameFX
Mine stopped working and all it required was replacing the element in the seat. The I replaced it myself and it was a lot easier to do than I thought. Fixed the issue with mine lighting up and then shutting off.
Is there a how-to here that you referenced? My driver's side seat is doing the exact same thing.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Is the seat, just heated or heated and cooled, there is a huge difference between them and how they work. Heated just has a element but the heated/cooled uses T.E.D.S to get the job done.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:30 PM
Brown coat independent

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by who_knos
Is the seat, just heated or heated and cooled, there is a huge difference between them and how they work. Heated just has a element but the heated/cooled uses T.E.D.S to get the job done.
It's just the heated seat. No cooling.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:06 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by vanion2
It's just the heated seat. No cooling.
Ok, what threw me off is the OP said he heard the fan kick on, last I knew the heated only dont have fans in them, the heated/cooled seats have them.....or are you talking about your seat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heated Seat Not Working