Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Front Shock Lower Mounting Bolt Seized

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Shock Lower Mounting Bolt Seized

I have a 2010 F150 Lariat that I have been attempting to install my Moto Fab 2.5 inch leveling kit on for two days. Everything came off smoothly until I got to the lower mounting bolt on the passenger side shock. It seems to be seized to the sleeve on the inside of the bushing. I’ve tried damn near everything. Blow torch, heat gun, PB Blaster, and sheer anger and rage. My next step is a sawzall and stacking washers to pull the bolt from the bushing sleeve. Has anyone on here tried this and does anyone have any other suggestions to make this install go a little smoother??? Any useful advice is much appreciated.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:15 PM
Senior Citizen Member

Received 2,707 Likes on 1,548 Posts

Several years ago, I snapped 2 pugs on the rear axle of my Tacoma. The old broken ones popped out easily but without air tools, I couldn’t get the splines on the new lugs to pull through into the axle. My neighbor gave me the idea to put the new lugs in the freezer to cool them. They actually shrink down when exposed to extreme cold. The went right in for me. This may be a shot in the dark but what about blasting it with canned air to freeze it and quickly hammering it out with a punch.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:17 PM
Senior Citizen Member

Received 2,707 Likes on 1,548 Posts

Sorry for typo’s, I’m on my phone and the keypad is tiny!😜
Old 10-06-2018, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to put this in the original message but I did that after the torch didn’t work. That’s when the bushing started to spin with the bolt. Still a no go on releasing from the sleeve though.

Quick Reply: Front Shock Lower Mounting Bolt Seized