Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Ford "Works" Coupons for oil changes

Old 07-10-2013, 09:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Ford "Works" Coupons for oil changes

I didn't see anything directly on topic here, so new thread. I've been having the local dealer do my oil changes to make absolutely sure the engine warranty is preserved. I get $29.95 coupons for the oil change, tire rotation, etc. Now maybe I never noticed this before, but this month there are 2 different Works coupons on the Ford owners site. One is the $29.95 package which shows an "oil change", along with the usual other items. The other Works coupon is exactly the same EXCEPT that it is for $64.95 and shows an "oil and filter change". All other items, including the fine print look to be the same. So, Ford guys, is this the greatest scam ever - charging $35 for an oil filter I can buy at WalMart for less than $5?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NM, answered my own question I think. Costly package is full synthetic, cheaper one is the synth blend, so price difference is somewhat justified. I'm paranoid, and changing dealers anyway, since the local guy tried to scare me into an immediate pad and rotor replacement last time. Said I was down to 1 millimeter pad thickness. I passed on the $458 quoted job and pulled the wheels when I got home. I don't know what they think 1 millimeter looks like, but the thinnest inside pad was 1/8 inch. And the new performance pads and rotors from RockAuto only cost me $190 or so when I got around to doing it myself a few months later.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:32 PM

Received 180 Likes on 116 Posts

Yeah... Synth vs semi. I do the works too, but have about had it with dealer service writers. Needs a brake fluid flush, needs a PS fluid flush, tranny fluid, new tires, coolant....

All on a truck w 50k. Never stops with those guys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford "Works" Coupons for oil changes