Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Exhaust manifold - replace with stock?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust manifold - replace with stock?

2007 F150 5.4L, 63,000 miles... Have an issue with a ticking sound diagnosed as an exhaust manifold leak, mechanic told me to take it to a Ford dealer.

I think I'm going to take it to an independent muffler shop (has great reviews) for an estimate, they also do custom exhaust work.

Would it be better to have both manifolds replaced, and maybe even upgrade to a better manifold if I have both replaced? Looking at the cost at advance auto I see it adds 300-500 for the part. I know the shop will be able to answer my questions when I take it in for an estimate, but I'd like to know more before I go in. If the stock muffler/existing pipes need to be replaced soon it may be better to get the whole thing done.

Thanks in advance for any input, long time reader here first time posting.

Larry
Old 08-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Some guy

Received 2,021 Likes on 1,284 Posts

Good time to upgrade to headers, if you wanted them... but stick with OEM gaskets and get stainless studs
Old 06-16-2017, 03:15 PM
Ford For Life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any idea what type of studs are needed for this job? I want to buy stainless but can't find any and i'm unsure of the studs in tehre now.

Quick Reply: Exhaust manifold - replace with stock?