Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Dead Battery & buzzing from back seat.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dead Battery & buzzing from back seat.

Hey guys I need some help. My f150 king ranch all of a sudden wont crank, click, beep, fart (lol) as well as not one light will come on or even flicker when I open the door or place the key in the ignition. The truck is completely dead. The only thing I do hear, is a constant buzzing sound which sounds like a fuel pump would when purging. When I turn the key, nothing happen once again but the buzzing sounds actually stops. It sounds like its coming from behind the back crew seat on the drivers side. I went under the truck, into the cab, everywhere I could get my ear and hands and I cant fell a vibration or feel any electrical component warn as if it was overheated from being shorted out.

I went online and read some forums and found some ppl talking about a keyless entry relay which supposedly is mounted to the cab on the back wall behind the back crew seat. Is this in fact the "keyless entry relay" or some other conponent??? If so does this sound like it could be the cause to the problem im having??? Is this a dealer item or can I find it elsewhere???

Hope to hear back from any and everyone who has some insight on this issue im having.

Thanks
The following users liked this post:
Sandy Gulston (03-05-2020)
Old 10-17-2014, 02:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What year?
Old 10-18-2014, 09:32 AM

Default Dead battery and buzzing from back seat

Old 10-18-2014, 09:38 AM

I got to the "body security module" behind the seat and disconnected it. I then reconnected the jumper cables and was able to jump the truck unlike before while the module was connected.
I'm assuming it was the cause. If anyone thinks differ please inform me.
If it is the cause, am I going to be able to just replace the module or and I going to have to replace the module and other items which are connected to the system in order for it to all work in conjunction with the new module?????
Old 10-18-2014, 09:46 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

First check voltage on your battery and load test it if you can. If you have a different key (if it has a chip in it) try that. Keys can go bad for many reasons. If you don't have another key you might take the on you have to a dealer and have it checked.If it's bad the dealer can charge up to $400 to replace it. Extra keys are about $75.00 at Lowes, but only if yours is OK. The buzz is your factory security system module. It should be located behind the "B" pillar cover panel in the lower corner of the seat and the back wall.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanker19k
I got to the "body security module" behind the seat and disconnected it. I then reconnected the jumper cables and was able to jump the truck unlike before while the module was connected.
I'm assuming it was the cause. If anyone thinks differ please inform me.
If it is the cause, am I going to be able to just replace the module or and I going to have to replace the module and other items which are connected to the system in order for it to all work in conjunction with the new module?????
So I know this post is a few years old, but how did you get behind the back seat? I cannot for the life of me get the backseat removed at all. I'm praying that you see this

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dead Battery & buzzing from back seat.