Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Weather Vibration

Old 01-31-2019, 04:50 PM

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Weather Vibration

I have a 2010 F150 FX4. I have an "intermittent" vibration in cold weather only (40 degrees and below). It will momentarily go away during a turn and when truck is downshifting. Was told it was my tires (by dealer who was trying to avoid warranty work) but I don't buy that theory as it happens on pavement, dirt, and snow and I've rotated the tires a few times. Continues even after the truck itself warms up. Initially thought it might be driveshaft, but does not explain cold weather problem. It's more noticable at low speeds (5-10 mph). I'm not familiar with vibration dampeners, but seems logical given the name. Stumped! Ideas? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-04-2019, 02:12 PM
Former ECO now 5.0!!!

Recieved 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had something similar back in the day. The problem ended up being that my tires (Goodyear) were about 4 years old (but not many miles on them) and showed very slight signs of dry rot. The tires had worn to the alignment spec on my truck, which was out of spec. I had an alignment done & rotated the tires and the front tires began to vibrate at low speeds. Turn the wheel and it would stop...I finally bought brand new tires and it solved the problem.

Keep in mind, there could be a lot of things causing your vibration, reading your question reminded me of my situation with vibrating tires.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cold Weather Vibration

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: