Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Brand new truck with front right wheel squeak

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new truck with front right wheel squeak

Hey Guys,

This is my first post so I apologize if I am not doing this right. I have a brand new 2018 F150 XLT Sport, 3.5L Eco boost with a grand total of 3000KM on it. I am having this issue with the front right wheel/suspension that I am trying to figure out. What is happening is whenever I go over some rough road the suspension squeaks quite loudly; however, the strange thing about it is that it is periodic and it comes and goes randomly. The weather has been the same lately and nothing is frozen etc.

I brought it to the dealer yesterday and or course the noise wasn't occurring. I confirmed this when I picked it up as I drove it around a good bit myself to make sure. They figured it was some gravel etc. from the road in the front suspension that worked itself out. Now there is a ton of gravel on the road this time of year in my area but I don't know what to think. Obviously this is annoying with a brand new truck and I want it figured out and it is strange that it comes and goes. My next step is to go for a drive and get my wife to record the sound when it happens and bring it in as well as just call the dealership and show up when its acting up.

Any ideas as to what this could be and is the gravel thing actually possible?
Old 03-20-2019, 09:26 AM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

it kind of sounds like a ball joint going bad. being a brand new truck it will be disappointing if that is really what is is. you can try greasing the ball joints and see if the squeak goes away
Old 03-20-2019, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So they called me back and told me it was my front mud flap that was rubbing inside the wheel well.

We shall see
Old 03-20-2019, 07:45 PM

Received 1,208 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by thewun
So they called me back and told me it was my front mud flap that was rubbing inside the wheel well.

We shall see
that shouldn't cause a squeak

Quick Reply: Brand new truck with front right wheel squeak