Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Blowing 15A fuse in slot #14

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Blowing 15A fuse in slot #14

My 2001 F150 supercrew windows will not work at all because of the blown fuse. I have disconnected all the window switches, power lock switches and exterior mirror switch and still have short. I ran a lead from the battery to the rear window harness and it will roll up and down. After I roll it down it will roll up with the front switch but not back down? Don't know where the short is? Anyone got any advice?

Also my blower motor is out (completely disconnected it also) and its 104 degrees outside and my windows will not roll down. I have to solve this problem before I bludgeon myself to death with a wooden mallet.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:12 PM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

I'm not sure why this forum doesn't have a section with wire diagrams for various trucks but, you need to first look at the door wires that go into the body through the rubber hose. A cut in a wire there is common. There was a post a few days ago about 2 yellow wires in the driver's door that were broken. He repaired them and all was well.
Second your truck has a RAP (remote aux. power)unit in the passenger's side kick plate. This controls all of the door locks, power windows, headliner light etc. Check for shorts there.
The following users liked this post:
sixoclock (06-10-2013)

Quick Reply: Blowing 15A fuse in slot #14