Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Blend DOOR and not actuator

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 09:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Blend DOOR and not actuator

I'm new here and have scoured the interwebs to no avail for help to my problem. Like many of you here I'm sure you have dealt with the dreaded clicking actuator. God knows I have (twice) with my 230,000 mile 2011 SCREW. However, I do not and have not had defrost or floor controls. When I get under the dash and look at the actuator that controls the floor, dash and defrost (actually unbolt it) it works. However it seems the arm that controls the door does not move correctly. Although I'm not sure how exactly it operates. I DO have rear vent controls. Which seems very odd. Anyone run into this yet? I have ruled out the foam being dislodged and causing it to hang up. I really don't want to tear apart the dash unless I can be more certain how to fix it when I get in there. Could the actual door be broken? I notice a lot of doors from Dorman but cannot seem to find one for this model Ford. Any help would be appreciated!

Quick Reply: Blend DOOR and not actuator