Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto start/stop orange wrench error?

Old 05-15-2018, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto start/stop orange wrench error?

2.7 L v6 2015 F150. I've had this truck just over a month. 33k miles. My auto start/stop had not been engaging for the better part of owning this truck but every so often it does start. For the last week and a half it had not turned on at all and all of sudden this morning it engaged. Thought it was unusual and when I got to work I noticed the orange wrench "see manual" error. I turned the truck off/and on and it went away.

I searched around for a bit and it seems to be a faulty "transmission fluid auxiliary pump" I'm hoping it does not impede regular function of the truck as I am just catching up with bills and cannot afford to fix this until next month. I do have extended warranty through my dealer and will call when I get a chance to see if it is covered but has anyone dealt with this issue and did it cost you a pretty penny to fix?
Old 04-04-2019, 05:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It happened to me twice last week (2018 F150 2.7l with about 15k miles)

There was some discussion about it over here and it possibly being related to a battery power management issue.
I'm scheduling an appointment with the dealer. Also, I'm going to file the vehicle safety complaint.

https://www.fordf150.net/forums/view...?f=88&t=126486
Old 05-15-2019, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had their Auto Start Stop Shift to P issue resolved or fixed once and for all at your dealership? Does anyone have any answers?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Auto start/stop orange wrench error?

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: