Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Aloha = NO SPARK-NO FULE PUMP 98 Ford F150- organic Kona Coffee from me if you can he

Old 12-08-2014, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aloha = NO SPARK-NO FULE PUMP 98 Ford F150- organic Kona Coffee from me if you can he

Aloha,
Ok here is the situation and Im hoping anyone can help. let me start off by saying that this truck ran awesome when I got it! its a 1998 Ford F150 V6 4.2

Everything was running fine and then one day I started to get a sputter while I was driving, the kind of sputter you get when you step on the gas and then it soulds like the truck needed a bad tune-up.

so, I took it to windward ford over here on Oahu and they charged me 500 bucks to change a MAF sensor. They did it, and it worked great fro about a week.

then, was driving and hit a small curb (small bump) while I was parking the car. I turned off the car and went to eat. came back and the car didn't fire.

towed home _ replaced the fuel pump fuse since it popped and everything worked great for about 5 hours, broke down and towed home ( AAA is great)

then, next day I start the diagnosis. first, no power to fuel pump, I figured it was a bad pump, dropped tank repleaced pump, checked all fuses and relays and then now not getting any spark and the fuel pump isn't turning on.

so, I start checking all continuity between all the wires and fuses and I cant find a problem so Im told that the computer is bad?? so, buy computer plug it in and no spark and no fuel pump turning on.

now, as for as tasting, I did test the fuel pump to verify that it works and checked all grounds and I cant find anything wrong and im not getting any check engine light or error codes.. Im almost at a loss to take it back to the dealership for them to look at but I need some help, I know there going to charge me sooo much to try and fix and half the time they just lie and say its this or that when its never the problem.

anyway, help is appreciated!!!!
whomever can help gets a big bag of organic Kona Coffee from me!!
Aloha
Old 12-10-2014, 12:31 PM

Default No one??

No one has ran into this situation before?
Old 12-10-2014, 06:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you checked all the fusable links in your electrical harness?
Old 12-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

you hit a curb...may have tripped the fuel shut off
Old 12-11-2014, 04:19 PM

Received 180 Likes on 116 Posts

Fuek pump module mounted on frame underneath spare tire? They corrode and cause no start/poor running.

Eta- inertia switch is a good guess too. Passenger footwell in the panel. If the red button on it is popped up, push it down.

Last edited by ji603; 12-11-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:39 PM
2003 F-150 King Ranch

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ji603
Fuek pump module mounted on frame underneath spare tire? They corrode and cause no start/poor running. Eta- inertia switch is a good guess too. Passenger footwell in the panel. If the red button on it is popped up, push it down.
that's only for 04-08 his is a 98
Old 12-11-2014, 06:43 PM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Originally Posted by ji603
Fuek pump module mounted on frame underneath spare tire? They corrode and cause no start/poor running.

Eta- inertia switch is a good guess too. Passenger footwell in the panel. If the red button on it is popped up, push it down.
nice try... the Kona Coffee is mine...
Old 12-15-2014, 01:33 AM

Aloha, just checking all continuity between all wires, replaced PCM and fuse and fuel pump. now runs but well see for how long. Im hoping that there isn't a wire frayed somewhere? also, pulled ground wires off and clean. scraped all and that seem to do the trick. but I will drive it for a few days and see of there is any change. if it doesn't have any more issues, will stil send some coffee to you guys for posting!!
Old 12-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Newby

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by techrep
nice try... the Kona Coffee is mine...
LOL! That is true, techrep pretty much owns the rights to being the FPDM defect whistle-blower...
Old 12-18-2014, 03:44 AM

Found it!!! wire harness fell off and the wires burn against the exhaust manifold!!
look under the passenger side off the engine block..damn, 1K into a 50 cent zip tie fix! I will try and post a few pics of it later

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aloha = NO SPARK-NO FULE PUMP 98 Ford F150- organic Kona Coffee from me if you can he