Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

98 f150 4.2 L

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 f150 4.2 L

I'm getting a noise in the front of engine like a bad pully bearing or a loose pully it makes a rattling noise. It's common because I can hear it on alot of trucks like mine.Does anyone know what it is?

Last edited by colt; 01-17-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there, about a month ago I had to replace my A/C compressor pulley and bearing. Right at two months before the bearing actually went out, it started whining occasionally. The longer I drove it, the worse it got. I think I kinda got used to it and just quit paying it any attention at all. Not a good idea. I had to take the wife's car, buy a new pulley (which comes with the bearing) on the spot. Installed in about an hour and still can't use the A/C. My compressor locked up along with the bearing going out, so now I'll wait till summer and buy a compressor, pay out the wazoo to have my system flushed not to mention the new dryer I'll have to buy. Well, I am not trying to tell you that this is what is wrong with your truck, but it'd be a good idea to at least check it out. Turn your A/C on and back off several times. If it sounds out of the ordinary, check it out. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: 98 f150 4.2 L